Musings and projects and geekness, oh my.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Back at ya!

Ok, so this is really more of a response posting as my husband already beat me to the mushy/glurgy blog posting on my b-day (that's what happens when my birthday is two days before his). But anyway, here goes the mushy stuff from me in celebration of his birthday today.

(**WARNING** The following not recommended for those prone to gagging at excessive sweetness or to tearing up at glurge. You have been warned).


I'm glad that you:

- put up with me tickling and hitting you. I'm sorry - aggressive female and that probably won't change, though I'm trying to cut down.

- let me play Super Mario Galaxy with you or just telling you what to do when you're playing whatever random game of the moment. I know it's hard to put up with a wife that likes video games (not).

- understand my love of reading and have figured out that reading myself to sleep is probably what I'll be doing until I'm a hundred and eight.

- share a love of movies. We might not always see eye to eye on all movies, but we both enjoy a well-crafted, cinema experience.

- are patient with all my various neuroses and compulsions, 'cause I know dealing with me takes lots of patience.

- trust me, even when driving your car when my driving scares the snot out of you.

- encourage me, whether it's in my random artsy projects or finishing my MA or even just going out with friends for a night.

- rub my feet when I've had a long day.

- take me out to a steak dinner every now and again, even though you're a vegetarian.

- get along with all my family and I yours so that we have no "dreaded in-laws". I'm especially amused that you're becoming friends with my brother.


And finally, I know I said that it was awkward being the only one at Megan's party who was in a happy/stable relationship because of all the male-bashing going on, but that was actually a good kind of awkward.


So yeah, we will have been together for five years this July and married for one and I can't imagine the next fifty years without you.


So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Okay, see you, love you, bye.

1 comment: