Musings and projects and geekness, oh my.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Connect the dots...

Sometimes I wonder if we (my husband & I) watch too many movies, and sometimes I wonder if I have too much movie trivia in my head. And then there are some days that I wonder both.

So last week was an odd week as we watched a lot of TV; I say odd because we're not really big TV watchers except for specific shows that we catch on DVD or
Hulu. But last week we seemed to have a lot to watch TV-wise and then on Saturday I noticed a pattern to our watching for the week (note this is an entire week's worth of watching, not just one night).

So we watched "Heroes" and then later in the evening I watched an episode each of "Buffy" & "Angel"; Seth Green was in all of these (Oz in "Buffy"/"Angel" and a comic book store clerk in "Heroes"). Then there was an episode of "Bones" which has David Boreanaz, who of course is in "Buffy" & "Angel." Then we had in a disc of 3rd season of "House"; an episode of that had Marc Blucas as a Iraq War veteran; Marc played Riley on "Buffy" (4th season). Then there is the other obligatory Joss Whedon connections of "Dollhouse" (connected to "Buffy"/"Angel" through Joss Whedon, Elisha Dushku (Faith on "Buffy"), Amy Acker (Fred on "Angel"), and other Whedon regulars) and "Castle" (connected to "Buffy" through Nathan Fillion who shows up season 7). We didn't have an episode of "Battlestar Galactica" to watch, but if we did we would have seen Tahmoh Penikett who is now the FBI agent on "Dollhouse." All came full circle when we watched
Groundhog Day (hadn't seen in ages and finally bought ourselves a copy); the insurance salesman who hassles Bill Murray on the street was played by Stephen Tobolowsky, who was on "Heroes" as Bob.

I think what we learn from this might not be that we watch too many movies, but maybe I just have a small obsession with all things Joss Whedon. Good chance of that, yeah.

Oh and I thought about inserting links for all the shows/people I mentioned in that run-through, but I decided that it was too much work and honestly you could look them all up yourself on IMDB.

But for now, "I'm a rogue demon hunter." (Angel, season 1)

Addendum: James Marsters who is Spike in "Buffy"/"Angel" is playing Lord Piccolo (green dude) in DragonBall Evolution coming out this weekend. Ah - it's a paycheck.

No comments:

Post a Comment